With people using smartphones and laptops/PCs throughout the day, it’s a common sign that our eyes will lead to strain and dryness. Improper and excessive screen brightness settings, especially in the night can impact your eyes and affect your sleep patterns due to the emitted Bluelight from its screens.
There are several apps available in the market which can protect your eyes from such type of situations, these apps actually work as a blue light filter by adding an extra layer between the display screen and the eyes. Some of these apps have auto color adjustment and auto brightness adjustment settings too available depending on your day to day time setting (Time Zone).
In this topic, we will discuss Top 5 Android apps to protect your eyes from blue light, while excessive usage of smartphones, tablets, and PCs.
Android Apps to protect your eyes from Bluelight Radiations :
The below listed all of the applications are meant to perform the same sort of work, choose the best app according to your device compatibility.
Note: Only use a single application and activate it to get the best effects, never install multiple applications and use it simultaneously.
The Twilight app is the best blue light filter app for Android that can be able to adapt your screen brightness according to your local time settings on your device when there are sunset and sunrise.
Twilight protects your eyes smoothly with a pleasant red filter. The filter intensity adjusted smoothly to filter the flux of the blue light emitted by your smartphone or tablet.
Features of Twilight:
- Bed Reading feature for late night readers.
- Control intensity level by adjusting the slider.
- Adjust Color temperature and screen dim functions.
- Easily On/Off the filter when required.
- Best compatible with AMOLED screen also.
2. Bluelight Filter for Eye Care
Bluelight Filter for Eye Care – This app’s filter has a natural color that helps you to read news, articles, and other stuffs clearly.
This app doesn’t dim the screen, rather it will adjust the screen color to reduce the blue lights, that’s what makes it the best eye protection app for Android OS.
Features of Bluelight Filter for Eye Care:
- Automatically adjust the screen brightness according to the external light environment to protect your eyes.
- Screen filter with natural color adjusts the screen color to reduce eye strain.
- Easily turn On/Off the screen filter according to the scheduled time automatically.
- The image processing AI technology lets you take screenshots without screen filter.
- Simple & easy to use screen filter with 7 different filter modes.
3. Easy Eyes
Easy Eyes app is just one click away to reduce the blue lights from your device. this app mainly focuses on simplicity, that’s why not much customization and settings are added to set up for the user at the time of installation.
You can set the timings and the app will automatically start its work according to that time format to protect your eyes from those harmful rays by changing the color temperature of the screen to protect your eyes from strain.
Features of Easy Eyes:
- Light-weight screen filter app activates with just one click.
- Temperature & brightness filter to adjust the screen brightness.
- Schedule the sunrise and sunset timing to start the app automatically.
- Simplicity maintained to On/Off the filter with just a single click.
- Easy to adjust the filter intensity from the notification bar while activated.
4. Night Shift
Night Shift (Bluelight filter for Good Sleep) eye protection app protects your eyes 24 hours with its auto-timer to maintain healthy eye habits.
The night filter in this app adjusts your screen to natural warm light, which helps you to fight to lower the eye strain and also saves your battery 15% more.
Features of Night Shift:
- Care your eyes & relieve eye strain with night-mode.
- Saves battery consumption by at least 15%.
- Helps to maintain healthy eye habits.
- Helps to get better sleep by reducing fatigue.
- Many colors to choose from.
Also Read: Best screen Recorders for Android
5. Lux Lite
Lux Lite intelligently adjusts the screen brightness based on the environment you’re in. When you step into a dimly lit room the app automatically lower the screen brightness to make you comfortable to read and also helps you to preserve battery power.
Simply open the dashboard of the app to set up your light profile as per your need by adjusting the brightness slider, after that click on the ‘link‘ button, Lux will now use this new link as a reference for the future.
Features of Lux Lite:
- Stable, custom & auto brightness features.
- Subzero brightness for night viewing.
- Auto night mode to change the color temperature of display for comfortable night viewing.
- Battery efficient.
- Multiple profiles to choose between auto, day, night, cinema, etc.
Wrapping up :
To perform a good practice while doing your works along with to protect yourself from these harmful radiations, you have to follow some set of rules:
- Start using a Bluelight filter application and also if possible, try using a protection glass in addition.
- Try to lower the screen brightness, while not doing any highly detailed work.
- Take little breaks in-between. Such as work for a few times in front of the screen and try to avoid the screen for a couple of minutes by doing some other works not related to this.
- Wash your eyes with normal water often, to keep it hydrated and clean.
- Exercise can help you to improve the Blood flow properly, you can try a few exercises regularly. It will help you to have better eyesight.
- Avoid computers or smartphones as much as possible, while not doing any important work. Don’t use such devices unnecessarily.
- Maintain a minimum distance while working on a computer, don’t get too close to the screen.
- Eating healthy diets can help you a lot while maintaining good eye health.
Finally, as these habits may seriously land you in big trouble in the long-run, you should educate your children not to do the same stuff again & again for a long time restlessly, cause most of the kids and teenagers are nowadays addicted to smartphones with no good reasons either.
Have a better Vision.
People Also Ask :
Q1. What is a Bluelight filter app?
Ans. Bluelight is a specific kind of light that emitted from our Computer/ Laptop and Mobile screens that seriously affect our vision, a Bluelight filter app simply act as a filter between the screen & the human eye, by adding an extra layer of a filter with some customized changes to brightness, contrast & temperature settings of the screen light itself.
Q2. Is Bluelight dangerous for human eyes?
Ans. Bluelight can seriously affect vision, eye strain, and other disorders of the eyes, but some research says that it also has some good impacts as well, but excessive Bluelight is definitely very very dangerous in the long run, it may cause permanent blindness too.
Q3. How to protect from Bluelight?
Ans. One can stay away and protect themselves from Bluelight by using Bluelight filters: Both Bluelight filter apps & Bluelight filter glasses combined can be a best practice, also try to minimize the excessive usage of mobile phones (mostly smartphones), and Computers/Laptops. Take sufficient breaks while using these gadgets for a long session & perform healthy eye exercises to improve your vision.
Q4. Is Bluelight filter good for eyes?
Ans. Please keep in mind that a Bluelight filter cannot be able to improve your vision if your vision is already affected, but to some extent, it will surely help you to prevent eye fatigue, blurry vision & headaches, that cause sleeplessness, cataracts, macular degeneration etc..
People Also Read :
- 7 Best Fitness Apps for Android to Track your Workouts
- Top 6 Best Photography Apps for Android Phones
- Top 10 Best News Apps in India for Latest News Alerts
- Best Live Wallpaper Apps for Android Smartphone
If you like this article, then please share it with your friends & family. Any questions related to this topic? leave us a comment below.