Looking to find out the best document scanner apps for Android smartphones? today, in this topic we are going to discuss the 7 best apps that can help you store your documents on any online or digital media easily.
What does a document scanner app do?
Basically, the job of a document scanner app is to capture the image of a particular document by using the device camera sensor, then it processes the file inside its algorithm to achieve certain tasks like resizing, scaling, adjustment of brightness/ contrast, or saturation.
Lastly, the final step is to store the documents on any digital or online media which can help you to access the document remotely from any place and anytime without being worried about carrying the document everywhere.
Excited? let’s find out the list of the apps below. please keep in mind that, the suggested apps below are from my own review and are may not in order, however you can download any one or multiple apps and use them as per your requirements.
Table of Contents
Best Document Scanner Apps For Android Smartphones :
The CamScanner app is the most trusted and reliable Android document scanner app worldwide. It has got more than 380 million installs in over 200+ countries globally.
Features of CamScanner :
- Smart capturing and the auto enhancing feature ensures the text and graphics inside the document are clear and sharp enough.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) feature recognizes text from document images for further searching, editing, etc.
- Secure important documents by setting up a passcode for viewing important documents.
- Add customized watermarks to mark your own documents easily.
- Easily share documents in PDF or JPEG format with others.
2. Doc Scanner
The Doc Scanner is a simple document scanner application for Android smartphones in which you can capture any document digitally to share with others or can save it to cloud services easily.
Features of Doc Scanner :
- While scanning any document, page edges are detected automatically.
- Easily share PDF / JPEG files.
- Print or Fax the scanned document directly from the app.
Also Read: Top 5 Best Gadgets for College Students
3. Microsoft Office Lens
Office Lens, the Android document scanning & capturing application is offered by Microsoft Corporation. The app currently has active installs of more than 10,000,000+.
Features of Microsoft Office Lens :
- Office Lens can convert images to PDF, word & PowerPoint files which can be saved to OneNote, OneDrive, or to local hard drives.
- It acts like a scanner in your pocket, which can help you scan the whiteboard contents of your classroom, and any important documents instantly within no time.
- Works well and do all the job pretty well without an active Internet connection, you can easily use it offline and everywhere.
4. Clear Scan
Clear Scan is another alternative to the best document scanner apps for Android devices category listings to go for.
You can Scan everything like, documents, sketchbooks, whiteboards, or receipts with brighter and clearer scanning technology with the Clear Scan application for Android.
Features of Clear scan :
- Get professional-quality results with multiple filter options.
- Print PDF files via Cloud print.
- Extract text from images with OCR, which will help to search, edit, or find anything later.
- Tiny app size.
- The restore and backup feature allow you to recover your files manually in case you lost your device.
Scanbot document scanner app is one of the most widely used and has already active installs of 7 million + both on iOS and Android. The best document scanner which scans everything from documents to whiteboards & business cards.
Features of Scanbot :
- Allow multi-page scanning.
- Also able to scan Bar Codes and QR Codes.
- Supports full-text search.
- OCR text recognition.
- Automatic upload to major supported cloud services.
Scanbot supported cloud services :
- Google Drive
- One Drive
- Amazon Cloud Drive
- & More.
Also Read: 6 Best Android Apps to Learn English
6. Genius Scan
A scanner in your pocket that produce legible documents and organize, backup, share & export document files wherever you want. Place any document in front of the device camera, it automatically recognizes the paper against the background and detects edges easily so that you can scan dozens of documents easily within seconds to convert multiple-page PDF files and also can share or store it without any hassle easily.
Features of Genius Scan :
- Smart scanning detects documents easily with background and shadow removal features to ensure crisp images with distortion correction.
- Import photos & PDFs to merge or split.
- Fingerprint locking and PDF password encryption let your document maximum security from unauthorized access.
- Automatic background export to Email or to your favorite cloud services easily.
7. Adobe Scan
Last but not the least, among the most trusted developers of Adobe, the Adobe Scan Android scanner app has got more than 10 Million + downloads for its amazing application. The app has got integrated OCR scanning technology to instantly recognize text. Its advanced image technology automatically detects your documents for borders and sharpens the scanned content.
Also Read: 7 Best Video Streaming Apps for Android
Features of Adobe Scan :
- Scan multi-page documents and save with a single tap.
- Built-in OCR lets you reuse scanned content by creating high-quality PDFs.
- Automatically finds documents & receipts in your photos and turns them into PDF scans.
- Contact information is automatically extracted & stored while scanning any business card hence no manually typing is needed.
- Open any PDF scan in Acrobat Reader to highlight key sections and add comments to your documents.
Final Words :
Almost all the apps listed on this list above have the same functionality, however, few of them have some rich features added. You can find a better app for yourself always by trying out a few and selecting the best amongst them by comparing them in terms of features, stability, and user ratings.
Also Read: Top 8 Best VPN Apps for Android
If you find the above piece of content related to Best Document Scanner Apps for Android is a bit useful, then please don’t forget to share it with others in your circle.
Sharing the content on your favorite social media networks can help to improve the content visibility along with your value by contributing such powerful information to others. You can do so by clicking the social buttons available below.
If you have any questions/queries, leave us a comment below.
People Also Read: