MX Player is one of the most preferred media/video players among all other competitors in its segment, it has more than 500,000,000+ downloads in the Android play store.
The MX Player developers team always tried to put their best efforts to provide additional features & support to the application as always from the very earliest days.
Recently they added the video streaming features combined to their content factory with some new & cool video series for a different set of viewers.
MX Player application is the most stable, handy, and easy-to-use media player which supports a large set of media file extensions (e.g. MP3, MP4, MKV, WMV, FLV, etc..), with a really simple user interface, but in some cases there you may find some unsupported codec issues with the player for some sort of old devices, where the alternative apps are really necessary for you.
|Application Name:||MX Player|
|Total Downloads(as of now):||500,000,000+|
|Category:||Media/ Video player|
|Founded By:||MX Media & Entertainment (Formerly: J2 Interactive)|
In this article, we have featured the top 5 Best MX Player Alternatives for Android smartphones, which you may find useful.
Why MX Player Alternatives?
In some cases, due to any compatibility issues on various mobile devices, MX Player is unable to work properly, the problem can be from the hardware or software perspectives.
If someone doesn’t have enough technical knowledge to fix the issues immediately, or can’t be able to do it then they may go for some better alternatives.
Best MX Player Alternative Video Players for Android:
- VLC Media Player for Android
- X Player
- Video Player All Format
- KM Player
- Video Player HD
Note: The below-mentioned applications are not in order/priority, you can use any one of those for your media viewing purpose.
1. VLC for Android
VLC for Android is a free and open-source video player for android devices that supports most of the media files, along with network streaming support.
VLC for Android provides a complete audio-video playing solution that comes with several features as its desktop version. It also has equalizer & filter options available.
VLC is completely free for all its users as always, also they don’t put any ads or in-app purchases with it.
Features of VLC for Android:
- Supports the playing of all local audio-video files along with network streaming, DVD, ISOs.
- All codecs are included, you don’t need to download anything separately, but in the case of MX player, you have to download and install codecs with separate files manually, which is a very complex process sometimes.
- Multi-track audio support with subtitles, auto-rotation, brightness adjustment, gesture control & aspect ratio adjustment is also available with the app.
2. X Player
As compared to other Android media players, X Player is one of the best alternatives to the MX Player out there.
X Player is an award-winning media player with some special features like 4K/ Ultra HD video playback, inbuilt with the chrome cast option to cast videos directly to your TV.
Play video in the pop-up window, split-screen, or in the background with subtitles. Supports High-Definition playback both on Android tablets & smartphones.
Features of X Player:
- Supports all media formats including MOV, M4V, MKV, WMV, FLV, 3GP, MP4, TS, etc..
- Ultra High-Definition & 4k playback supported media player.
- Store video files safely with the private folder available.
- Supports subtitle downloader & more.
Also Read: Best Free Volume Boosters for Android
3. Video Player All Format
While trying out different media players for Android OS, I found this one with a low volume of downloads, but when compared to the other features, I found that this small & simple media player has something extraordinary to share.
This simple but powerful media player can be able to play 4K HD videos, along with other music & media.
This application is totally free to use and may support ads.
Features of Video Player All Format:
- 4K High-Definition media player.
- Inbuilt music player, equalizer & MP3 cutter available.
- Supports all video formats with subtitles.
- Gesture controls, with video lock-unlock feature.
4. KM Player
KM Player is also another great alternative to the MX Player, this Android video player also supports the playback of HD, 4K & Ultra HD videos too.
Play music and videos on the external network (DLNA/FTP) or from a URL like YouTube videos can be played directly from the player.
Supports Automatic codec search if not available on the device, as well as Google cloud videos playback with mirror mode that rotates 180 degrees left-and-right.
Features of KM Player:
- All video formats supported with High Definition & Ultra High Definition playback.
- Mirror mode playback allows 180-degree left-right rotation for dance practice.
- The pop-Up play function lets you play your videos while doing other works (works as a mini player).
- Night mode with a dark theme is a good feature for the night viewing experience, to protect eyes from Bluelight Radiations.
5. Video Player HD
A simple but powerful video player that works well on any Android device, and also be able to provide a high-quality playback experience smoothly.
Supports all major video formats like MP4, WMV, AVI, MKV, 3GP, M4V, MOV, FLV, etc.. with online video streaming features.
Features of Video Player HD:
- Supports all High Definition video & audio formats.
- Inbuilt music player with equalizer and presets function.
- Bass & treble adjustment features.
- Online video streaming support and multiple subtitles available.
Also Read: Best Photography Apps for Android
Everyone has a different taste for different apps, we just tried to help you with this article by finding the best alternative video players for MX Player, so that you can save your time from randomly searching over the Internet.
Almost all the mentioned media/video player applications have a similar set of functionalities to some extent. find the one that suits your requirements.
If you find this article a little bit useful, please share it with others.
Any questions/ queries? leave us a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
In this section, we have featured some of the most commonly asked questions related to MX Player and its services.
How to download the MX Player?
To download the MX Player on your device, you can simply visit the Google Playstore on any Android device, or Appstore if you’re having any iOS device.
Is the MX Player app free to use?
MX Player is a free-to-use media player, that supports advertisements. Also, they featured some of the popular movies & web series to watch for free.
Is MX Player safe to use?
The answer is yes, you can easily download, install, and use it for free without any hassle. The application is safe to use and also it has a good rating in the Google Playstore.
MX Player is of which country?
Please note that the MX Player is an Indian video streaming and video-on-demand platform owned by MX Media & Entertainment(formerly known as J2 Interactive).
What is MX Pro?
MX Player Pro is the premium version of the popular media player MX Player, with some advanced features.
Who is the owner of MX Player?
The CEO of MX Player is Mr. Karan Bedi, and Currently, the MX Player is acquired by The Times Group, India.
What are the best video players for Android?
There are several video players available for Android, but most people like to use MX Player, VLC for Android, KM Player, and X Player as their preferred video players.
People Also Read: