when the topic is on fitness, we all should be clear about that fitness term because all most all our day -to-day tasks are carried out mostly by automated smart devices, across the globe all technology experts are reinventing new technologies and implementing them in a span of every minute. As physical workload is almost zero in this generation, one should engage with physical exercises daily to remain himself fit to the label. But again here is about smartphones, all are almost clear that no one can live without a smartphone these day, almost impossible, right! but what if we use it as a workout tool to monitor our activities during physical exercises, great ! lets explore few cool and Best Fitness Apps For Android To Track Your Workouts.
Note: These fitness app reviews isn’t in order of preference. You are advised to choose any of these as per your need.
Best Fitness Apps For Android in 2018
Runtastic is an excellent fitness tracker app, It uses GPS to track your running, walking, biking, and jogging routes. Runtastic uses this tracked information to create detailed graphs and tables regarding your progress. You can also use the application on a treadmill or other gym equipment.
- Get audio feedback from the Voice Coach in the running app.
- Monitor your running statistics to analyze your training patterns.
- Track miles for your running shoes & we’ll let you know when it’s time to get a new pair.
- Engage in a little friendly competition & check the Leaderboard to see which of your friends has run the farthest.
- Runtastic is fully optimized for Android Wear 2.0, integrated with Garmin Connect.
MapMyFitness allows you to track and map every workout and get feedback and stats to improve your performance. It covers over 600 different types of tracking activities such as running, cycling, walking, gym workouts, cross-training, yoga, etc. You can also get audio feedbacks on every GPS-tracked workout along with customizable voice feedback. Also, there is calorie counting, nutrition, diet planning, and weight tracking.
You can use routes to find nearby places to workout and save your favorite paths. You can also share the info with others. The app is free with ads and in-app purchases. To avoid ads, you can opt to be a premium member, which will also unlock additional useful features within the app.
- Voted Best All-Inclusive Fitness App by Live Science.
- Named One of the Best Fitness Apps for Your Wearables by Wareable.
- Connect with 400+ devices to import and analyze all your data in one place.
- Use Routes to find nearby places to workout, save your favorite paths, add new ones, and share them with others.
- Get audio feedback on every GPS-tracked workout, with customizable voice feedback for stats like pace, route, distance, calories, and elevation.
Runkeeper is a fully-featured fitness tracker app for Android that has over 50 million users. It takes advantage of GPS enabled mobile phones to track fitness activities and give comparable results. Runkeeper can calculate running pace, cycling speed, route distance, elevation, and calorie burn with high accuracy. It allows its users to view a detailed history of activities. The app is free and ad-supported along with some in-app purchases. You can also use it with Android Wear smartwatch to track all your stats. Runkeeper also comes with widget support.
• Partner Apps – Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify integration. Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
• Bluetooth Connectivity – Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions. Also, sync Android Wear, Pebble, and Garmin watches in seconds.
• Stopwatch Mode – Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
• Social Sharing – Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Google Fit is an excellent workout tracker app developed by Google. It uses sensors in a user’s activity tracker or mobile to record the fitness activities. It will mark your speed, pace, route, elevation, etc. and show you real-time stats of your running, walking, and riding events. You can also set different goals for your steps, time, distance, and calorie burn. Also, it has total integration with Android Wear. This exercise app is perfect for home workouts.
The app includes all the features in the free version itself without any ads or in-app purchases.
• Effortlessly track any activity. As you walk, run, or cycle throughout the day, your phone or Wear OS by Google watch automatically logs them with Google Fit.
• Get instant insights. See real-time stats for your runs, walks, and rides. Google Fit will record your speed, pace, route, elevation, and more so you can stay motivated and on track.
• Reach your fitness goals. Set goals based on steps, time, distance, calories burned. Receive personalized recommendations and coaching for activity goals.
• Measure your wellness. Aggregates info from other apps to track fitness, nutrition, sleep, and weight: Wear OS by Google, Nike+, Runkeeper, Strava, MyFitnessPal, Lifesum, Basis, Sleep as Android, Withings, and Xiaomi Mi bands.
• Check in from anywhere. Track your progress from your phone, tablet, the web (fit.google.com) and even your Wear OS by Google watch.
Nike Training Club is one of the best Android fitness apps that is entirely free with no ads or any in-app purchases. It covers over 160 free workouts that focus on strength, endurance, or mobility and offer three levels of difficulty. The app has a full range of focused exercises that target your abs, triceps, shoulders and other body parts. Users can stream the app onto a television using Apple TV, Chromecast, or an HDMI cable. Also, it allows you to keep track of your fitness activities and record other activities like running, spinning, playing basketball, etc.
• Body-part focused workouts targeting your abs & core, arms & shoulders and glutes & legs
• Boxing, Yoga, Strength, Endurance and Mobility workouts
• Workout times ranging from 15-45 Minutes
• Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Levels
• Low, Moderate and High Intensity
• Bodyweight only, Light and Full Equipment
• Time-based and Rep-based options
Also Read : Top 5 Best Free Android Games of 2018
Calorie Counter is one of the best apps to help you lose weight. It has a massive database of more than 6 million foods that include global items and cuisines. You can also add the food that you eat either manually or by using the barcode scanner. It consists of recipe importer, restaurant logging, food insights, calorie counter, etc.
You can choose from over 350 exercises or create your own activities and workouts. Moreover, it allows you to set goals and see a graph of your step history. The app is free and contains ads and in-app purchases.
- Connect 50+ Apps & Devices — Syncing your workouts is easy and automatic.
- Choose From 350+ Exercises — Or create your own exercises and workouts.
- Log Strength Exercises — Including sets, reps, and weight per set.
- Log Cardio Exercises — Including running, walking, biking, swimming, yoga, pilates and more.
- Track Steps — Set a daily step goal and see a graph of your step history.
Home Workout can help you build muscles and stay fit at home without having to go to the gym. It contains over 100 detailed videos and animation guides. All the workouts are designed by experts and focused on specific parts such as abs, chest, legs and also full body workouts.
Other features include warm-up and stretching routines, progress reports, customizable workout reminders, and charts. Also, you can create your own workout routines. The app is free and contains ads and in-app purchases.
- Warm-up and stretching routines.
- Records training progress automatically.
- Detailed video and animation guides.
- Customize your workout reminders.
- Lose weight with a personal trainer.
Did you find these 7 best fitness apps for Android useful, if yes ! then share with others. Any questions or suggestions ? comment below.